Rails 3 User Authentication (User Types)
Are there any particular rails user authentication gems or plugins that are well-suited for multiple user types?
- Gem Permissions Issues
- Require order in a Ruby gem
- How do I programmatically add http://rubygems.org as a gem source?
- Ransack Ruby On Rails Result Wont Render
- To select a column from a table using values from another table
- intalling linecache-0.46 gem(I am using rbenv)
2 Solutions collect form web for “Rails 3 User Authentication (User Types)”
Devise has a good way to set up multiple roles, perhaps it’s something you could use.
Are you looking for authenticating multiple types of user, like you want to store admins in one table and users in another? If that’s what you want, then I agree that Devise is the way to go.
If you want to use one user model and implement roles, then I think a combination of Devise and CanCan would be a great choice.