ubuntu linux, new terminal window does not recognize installed gems
I am running ubuntu 13.04, I have installed ruby 2.0.0, rvm 1.20.10, rails 3.2.12, as well as many other gems. I am trying to run a spork server for my rspec testing with guard. I opened a new terminal window and when trying to run spork i get…
The program ‘spork’ is currently not installed. You can install it by typing:
sudo apt-get install libspork-perl
- Could not find RubyGem bundler
- MySQL Gem, Ubuntu & UTF8
- How To:Debugging Rails 3.1.x app(Ruby 1.9.3) on Aptana Studio3 in Ubuntu
- Unresolved Error with Gem Update/Install
- ActionView::Template::Error (application.css isn't precompiled) Rails
- Using RVM on Ubuntu 12.04 to use Rails. The program 'rails' is currently not installed
I get the same for everything else, although it tells me I have ruby 1.9.3 installed. What do I need to do to point the new windows in the right direction? I tried setting the source to my profile with source ~/.profile and it did not make any difference.
One Solution collect form web for “ubuntu linux, new terminal window does not recognize installed gems”
PATH=$PATH:$HOME/.rvm/bin # Add RVM to PATH for scripting [[ -s "$HOME/.rvm/scripts/rvm" ]] && source "$HOME/.rvm/scripts/rvm"
to your ~/.bashrc and see.